Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 4 - News & Notes


McNabb


* Totally unconfirmed, but I heard a rumor that Osi Umenyiora sacked Donovan McNabb twice this morning while Donovan was picking up his newspaper off the driveway.

* Exhibit #247 why I don’t gamble on NFL games:

  • Cardinals 21
  • Steelers 14 (Final)

I have no idea by how much Pittsburgh was favored going into that game, but I’m sure it was a lot. And I’m sure a number of gamblers lost a lot of dough on that game.

* If Tony Romo ever ends up going to the Hall of Fame, certainly one of the plays on the highlight package they put together will be that snap that went over his head, he kicked another 20 yards backward and then he picks it up, jukes a Rams defender out of his underpants and runs 37 yards with it. One of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. And I hate the Cowboys – but I like Tony Romo because of these four reasons: (1) he makes clutch plays like that; (2) he’s going to end up completely screwing over Jerry Jones in their contract negotiations because Jerry was arrogant enough to wait on giving him his money, and now it’s going to cost him big time; (3) Romo hooks up with hot Texas girls like Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood (allegedly); and (4) Do I really need a fourth reason? Those first three were pretty good, IMO.

(By the way, make sure you check out that crazy scramble of Romo's on YouTube before the NFL lawyers make them take it down).

* Don’t know if any of you watch NFL Game Day on the NFL Network – I’m not sure WHY I like it when Deion calls his ex-teammate, Raven kicker Matt Stover, by the nickname “Sto-Diddy”, but I like it a lot.

* From the ‘You Stay Classy, San Diego’ File: Is this what Chargers management gets for firing Marty Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season? Not just firing him, but waiting until deep into the offseason, long after all of the ‘good’ head-coaching candidates had already lined up other jobs and the Bolts were forced to take a flyer on recycled Norv Turner. Listen, you can say that Schottenheimer was the a great regular-season coach, and the worst playoff coach ever, but I would say the same thing about Norv Turner, but I would change it to read: great offensive coordinator, worst head coach ever.

Norv

No comments: